Saturday, December 29, 2012

Spring Gardening With GrowOrganic.com

Yes, I am already beginning to think about my spring garden.  In fact, there was a break in the weather yesterday and I was able to get out and turn my compost pile.  Though I was surprised to see how desperately it needed my tending, I was excited to see how much finished compost I was able to dig from under the pile!
     Now is an encouraging time to begin planning.  The excitement of Christmas is in the past and many of us still have a bit of time before we get back to school or work for the New Year.  Also, the time you spend pondering warm, sun filled days spent in your garden, is time that you are not looking out the window at the very dark, gray weather of winter. ( I am not addressing the privileged individuals in warmer climates who are graced with the presence of something called the sun during the winter months).  And, if you happen to be a pacific north westerner, you tend to find any trick possible to stiff arm the dampness and lack of sunlight that you know will hover over you well into July...

On that note!  Allow me to present you with a spectacular website known as groworganic.com, which is sure to brighten your spirits.  This website is associated with Peaceful Valley Seeds and sells many varieties of organic seeds and garden supplies.  It is also contains a vast amount of articles and helpful videos on how to grow and prepare your own food from the seeds that they sell.  I highly encourage you to reward yourself for getting through the first of the winter months, by purchasing some seeds or a pretty new garden tool from groworganic.com!  

(picture taken from grow organic.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment