Saturday, December 22, 2012

Martha Stewart's Red Velvet Cupcakes!

As promised, I will now reveal one of my recent recipe favs!  This is the beginning of a series of tried and true recipes that I will highlight on my blog.  So, stay tuned!

Ok, the "The Quickest To Be Consumed" award goes to Martha Stewart's Red Velvet Cupcakes! I must say that this is quite an honor of which I will explain.  I "make food" very unconventionally.  I am known to experiment instead of following the recipe.  Often I cutting out fat, or try adding veggies to recipes that no one other than a nutritionist would ever think of adding veggies to.  I have also attempted to make a dairy free version of a recipe that was created to highlight flavors of creme and butter. But hey, did you know that Jello was an experimental accident?!  Some of my trials turn out and others flop....Anyway, the family unit isn't always too keen on my Chefistry (a mixture of chef and chemistry).  This results in many baked goods that sit on the counter for a couple of days before being placed in the fridge for a week and then getting pitched (in this sequence).  I can gleefully announce that this was not the case with Martha's red velvet cupcakes.
     I made these tasty gems in mini muffin tins so they were teeny tiny and oh so cute! Oh, and I followed the recipe exactly, so enjoy a plentiful dose of butter, cream cheese and sugar!  This may be why they turned out so well, hmmm...

Savor!
-ACC



No comments:

Post a Comment